Locations: McKinney/Sherman, Texas
Employment Type: Full Time
The BIM Model Manager is responsible for the BIM Management and BIM Content for the Systems Design Model, as well BIM Best Practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluate BIM related software and technologies and stay informed on best practices for use of Revit MEP and BIM.
2. Create, maintain and enforce the software template files and BIM documentation and workflow standards.
3. Provide quality control for completeness and adherence to company standards of Permit and submittal sets produced.
4. Train and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Revit Modeler to ensure BIM Standards are maintained in the creation of the Design Model.
5. Maintain high level of competency of software through continued use and training.
6. Attend conferences, seminars, and workshops for BIM; bringing back learning information and passing along the information to appropriate teams.
7. Support Project Standards in coordination with the customers.
8. Assist project teams in BIM Project Setup.
9. Create Revit families in response to project need.
10. Help resolve BIM design issues.
11. Interface with the Project Manager and Field Operations.
12. Coordinate and update all electronic models.
13. Manage and distribute coordinated digital documents to the project team.
14. Attend BIM project meetings internal & external such as; BIM Kick-off Meetings, Design coordination meetings, & other BIM project related meetings.
15. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree in Electrical Drafting, Design or related field
• 5+ years production experience in drafting, modeling, or engineering
• In-depth working knowledge of current BIM versions
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to work within project deadlines
• Must be a self-starter and possess the drive to pursue continued education in BIM
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
• 0% - 10%
• General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: March 2018