Locations: McKinney/Sherman, Texas
Employment Type: Full Time
The BIM Manager is responsible for the management & production of the building BIM models and field/shop drawings, the BIM content for the product systems, and the BIM coordination process.
ESSENTIAL DUTES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Oversight the process of virtually construction, design documentation.
2. Manage a team of modelers and coordinators by coaching, mentoring and supervising.
3. Ensure compliance with Corporate BIM Program and Processes.
4. Coordinate with professional staff on reviewing models and comments.
5. Develop electrical building models from basic sketches, 2D drawings and verbal instructions,utilizing Revit MEP/AutoCAD MEP tools.
6. Resolve conflicts with other disciplines and trades using NavisWorks while adhering and improving primary electrical system design.
7. Produce drawings/models consistent with instruction, guidelines and CAD/BIM standards.
8. Modify incoming CAD/BIM files for use in design/detailing process (clean-up, audit, reference and troubleshoot).
9. Prepare 3D system layouts for the coordination.
10. Prepare 3D seismic support model for the all electrical systems.
11. Produce MEP Coordination Drawings and Shop Drawings extracting data directly from the 3D model.
12. Attend and actively participate in coordination meetings with other MEP trades
13. Utilize CAD Scheduling and Takeoffs for pre-fabrication.
14. Use the Revit family editor/AutoCAD Content Manager to build BIM content for system components as needed.
15. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
· Minimum of 2 years' experience in architecture/engineering consulting firm or contractor
· Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Must have a complete understanding of the manufacturing and/or construction business.
· Proficient in REVIT Architecture/MEP 2010 and later, as well as AutoCAD 2D/3D (Having just training in the REVIT application will not be sufficient knowledge and experience for job requirements).
· Ability to work within project deadlines
· Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
· Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
· Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
· Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
· Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
· General work environment -sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
· Noise level is usually low to medium
· Occasional lifting of up to 40lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: March 2015