Locations: Sherman, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for the purchase of electrical equipment and construction materials and issuing subcontracts. This position will manage, plan/forecast, procure inventory with the Purchasing department for multiple suppliers, maximizing metrics aligned with Company corporate strategic directives.
ESSENTIAL DUTES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receive verbal and written requisitions for materials and equipment from project managers and field operations.
2. Review and source materials and equipment in accordance with established company practices and procedures.
3. Solicit quotations from vendors. Review, analyze and present findings to management with emphasis on best economic value and defined company procurement objectives.
4. Generate and distribute purchase orders through computerized purchasing system in accordance with established company procedures.
5. Responsible for the tracking and expediting of all existing orders. Update and maintain scheduling in purchasing system.
6. Review materials upon receipt for accuracy. Enter documentation into purchasing system.
7. Support estimating department by contacting vendors for budgetary quotations for materials and equipment in the preparation of bids.
8. Solicit and prepare submittal documentation in support of project managers.
9. Coordinate and document supplier certificates of compliance with project managers.
10. Perform additional duties as directed by VP Purchasing, Corporate Purchasing Manager or Division Manager.
11. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the position’s role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a fast‐paced business environment and have electrical construction purchasing experience
• Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of electrical equipment and construction materials
• Working knowledge of procurement techniques, procedures, policies and accounting
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
• Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
• Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
• Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
• General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
• Noise level is usually low to medium
• Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: October 2014