Locations: Sherman, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
The Production Coordinator is responsible for managing production in one of the Production Operational Divisions (POD) from planning through completion and ensuring client satisfaction by delivering unparalleled service. Production Coordinators work with project managers, foremen, engineers, quality control, and safety to ensure all production needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide initial internal contact to assess scope of work, schedule and resources necessary to successfully complete a project.
2. Work with Foreman to prepare a complete manpower forecast for each project with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form.
3. Work with project manager to prepare a complete BOM and material schedule for each project with a detailed review of plans, specifications and bid form.
4. Work with QA/QC to develop project specific quality programs
5. Work with Safety to review all policies and plans for implementation within POD
6. Participate in all internal and customer audits and Quality Systems processes
7. Plan and organize each project under the directions of an Operations Manager.
8. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within guidelines of corporate policies for their respective POD
9. Monitor integration and production activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budget.
10. Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision.
11. Aid in the preparation of any and all change quotations for presentation to the prime client.
12. Prepare monthly costing reports under the supervision of an Operations Manager.
13. Review any documentation prepared by Project Manager before submission.
14. Represent the company in project meetings.
15. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties may be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related discipline
· Minimum 3 years experience in the construction industry in a Project Managementrole
· Can be a combination of training, education and relevant work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
· Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Accubid and Oracle preferred
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
· Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
· Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
· Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
· Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, andothers
· 0 –5%
· General work environment – Due to the variety of work to be performed, the Project Manager may be working at a job site or in the office. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
· May be sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, and bending. At a job site, may be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions.
· Noise level is usually low to medium
· Occasional lifting of up to 50lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: January 2021