Locations: Sherman, TX
Employment Type: Full Time
The Document Control Specialist is responsible for collecting, maintain and distributing of all project
documents. This position will provide assistance to all levels of staff on a project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs administrative functions such as filing; correspondence log maintenance; processing
incoming and outgoing correspondence and transmittals into the hard file and electronic database
system; record and store photographs; schedule meetings.
2. Manage documentation, compliance reporting and all filing system developments.
3. Assists in preparation of reports and Power Point presentations; development and updating of
project administrative procedures and in maintenance of project manuals and library.
4. Tracks and manages the resolution of RFI’s, submittals, and change orders.
5. Reviews, logs and acts upon incoming and outgoing documents associated with project.
6. Input daily project information into the computer system.
7. Works with Construction Management Team to prepare and submit monthly reports.
8. Archives all project records and maintains recordkeeping of such documents.
9. The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being
performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on
the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Associate’s degree in Business Management or related discipline
· Minimum 1‐year previous document control experience, preferably in a construction environment
· Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Computer, filing, and 10‐key skills required
· Attention to detail is a must; strong analytical skills favored
· High level of discretion and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential matters and
· Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
· Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
· Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
· Ability to be self‐motivated, proactive and an effective team player
· Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and
· staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
· General work environment – sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, bending. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
· Noise level is usually low to medium
· Occasional lifting of up to 35 lbs.
Modular Power Solutions is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: January 2014